With Christmas and the New Year fast approaching, it gives us the opportunity to reflect on roller coaster of a ride in 2016 and plan our New Year resolutions for 2017. Maybe you’re looking at getting on the property ladder for the first time, or after an investment property. We’ve provided our top five tips for those looking to purchase a new home.
1. Buy in in an up and coming, relatively affordable town such as Croydon, Sutton, Epsom or even up north – somewhere like Cheadle Hulme, just outside Manchester, is ideal. Not only will you get more bang for your buck, but you’re also likely to benefit from higher house price growth as the area improves making it more attractive to buyers.
2. Be willing to sacrifice space to live in style. Take the iPhone or the Skoda Citygo – proof that great things can come in small packages – functional, stylish and great value.
3. Make sure your home is well built and has a high quality finish. Granite worktops, Bosch appliances and hardwood floors are a must for any home – your friends will look at you differently and you’ll finally get the respect you deserve.
4. If you’re buying a one-bedroom apartment, make sure the living room can convert into a second bedroom. The discerning young professional will demand to have somewhere to put family and friends up for the night. If your nan stays over, keep her safe in your living room with a smart glass wall partition and well-rested with a fold down bed. You can even rent it out when you’re short of money.
5. Go for a converted office. An office conversion is sustainable – bringing empty buildings back to life, creating vibrant new neighbourhoods in the centre of town. If you love the environment and a town centre location, you’ll love a conversion. Who says you can’t spend Christmas in the office!
So – there you have it – our top five tips for buying a home this Christmas. Now you know what to look for, why not contact our sales team on 020 8688 6552 to see if we have something that fits the bill. You might just be in luck.