With our debut Manchester scheme now purchased and sales underway, we thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of 10 great things to do in the city.
1. Warehouse Project – One of the UK’s most celebrated clubbing destinations hidden within an old World War II air raid shelter beneath Manchester Piccadilly station. With the Gateway Building just two minutes from Cheadle Hulme station, you could be home to clubbing in less than 20 minutes.
2. MediaCityUK – Located in Salford Quays, join a tour of the BBC at MediaCityUK and walk in the footsteps of your favourite TV personalities. You’ll get to take a peek into the studios where they make their shows and receive fascinating insight into how TV and radio work from the tour guides.
3. North Tea Power – This casual chic tea shop on Tib Street is in the heart of the Northern Quarter’s creative cluster. Sample tasty teas from Moroccan mint to Japanese greens as well as a breakfast and sandwich menu that will leave you drooling. If the Monte Cristo doesn’t get you going, nothing will. How does ham, cheese, maple syrup and nuts sound?
4. Port Street Beer House – With over 60 beers to choose from, Port Street Beer House frequently hosts special beer events and has launched over 20 collaborative beers. The beer garden is one of Manchester’s hidden gems.
5. Manchester Museum – Famed for its collection of natural history and human artefacts, Manchester Museum hosts a wide range of exhibits from a giant T-rex fossil called Stan to creepy looking Egyptian mummies.
6. Chinatown – Chinatown Manchester is Europe’s third largest and a hub for Chinese food and culture. Surrounding the famous Faulkner Street arch are some of the best and most authentic Chinese restaurants in the country.
7. Football mad – Manchester is home to two of the world’s biggest football clubs – Manchester United and Manchester City – who in recent years have battled each other for the Premier League title. Treat yourself to a tour Old Trafford or the Etihad, or book tickets for match day to enjoy the full experience.
8. Underground Manchester – Concealed beneath this historic city are hidden relics of the past. Take a look at some of the tunnels and spaces including the remnants of a tube station that never was, a communications bunker, air raid shelters, canals and even shops.
9. Manchester Arena – From live music to stand-up comedy, the Manchester Arena hosts the biggest names in live entertainment from Oasis and Peter Kay to international boxing bouts by Tyson Fury.
10. Central Library – This recently refurbished neoclassical library is home to priceless treasures such as Shakespeare’s Second Folio from 1632 and a handwritten copy of the Codex Justinianus, a 12th-century code of law originally compiled for the Roman Emperor Justinian.
If you would like to enquire about The Gateway Building, our development in Manchester, please contact the sales team on 020 8688 6552. Prices start at £129,500 for a one-bedroom apartment. To find out more about the local area, read our blog ‘Cheadle Whom?’.